For my year 11 work experience I wanted to go somewhere where I could be creative, so I have spent the week here at Rose & Peck helping to make products to be sold and learning about having your own business.
- On Monday I helped with painting items that were going to be decorated and sold as decorations.
- On Tuesday I decorated gift bags with different wallpapers, paints and papers.
- On Wednesday I visited other similar gift shops to see what prices were like on these types of products.
- On Thursday I visited a supplier shop and looked at prices of decorations and worked out prices that they would be sold for in the shop.
- Today I am learning about different ways of advertising businesses and how effective they are in bringing more customers to the shop.
I have really enjoyed spending the week here because I have been able to be creative and do what I enjoy while also learning a lot of useful information about starting a business.
At Rose&Peck we are so excited to be offering some fabulous crafting workshops over the next couple of months which are run by a fantastic local talent. All workshops are on Saturdays and Wednesdays – all which are detailed below.
To promote the workshops we are running a couple of ‘Make and Take’ days where you can come in to the shop and make something using the same techniques you will use on the workshops, and you get to take home the make with you. The first one will be 11th May in Rose&Peck 10am – 2pm, so come along and join the fun and you make this gorgeous miniature card.
Details of Saturday Workshops, will blog the Wednesday workshop details soon………
Saturday 25th May
Beginners Stamping 10am – 12pm
- Want to know how to ink up stamps correctly for a perfect image
- How to heat emboss using a heat tool
- Tips for mounting and cleaning stamps
- How to use stamps with or without an acrylic block
- How to use stamps in layers to create stamped backgrounds and focal image
Tim Holtz Style Distress Techniques 1pm – 3pm
- Want to have a play with distress inks
- Learn some fab techniques for vintage, grunge or a softer feel to your project
- Learn how to blend distress inks
- Learn the flick and spritz technique
- Learn watercolour stamping
- Learn wrinkle free distress and more
Saturday 2nd June
More Distress – 10am – 12pm
- Learn tips and tricks using another addition to the fab distress range – distress stains
- Learn how to blend stains and how to stamp with stains
- Wrinkle free distress using distress stains
- Learn marbled stains and also ghost stamping
Tantalizing Textures 1pm – 3pm
- Want to add texture and dimension in different ways
- Come and learn about stencils, texture paste and embossing folders to create textured pieces
Saturday 20th July
Fabulously Floral 10am – 12pm
- Want to play with flowers
- Make gentle feminine pieces or grunge it up for a more vintage/steampunk look
- Learn how to make dimensional paper roses
A Trio of Makes 1pm – 3pm
- Have a go at making a gift bag, bottle tag and a mini canvas
- Lots of choices of colours and styles
All course include equipment used on the day, tea/coffee and cake and are £14
10% discount on all orders made on the day.
Super saver discount all 6 courses £80
Call 07585 774166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or book through Rose&Peck
I love love love Spring – it means that Summer is just around the corner – the evenings are getting lighter and you can do more things……….if you want to! It means that all the flowers start growing, the leaves are starting to come back on to the trees, the kids are out from under my feet as they can play out after school……..
However the blizzard that I saw as I opened my blinds this morning was not what I was expecting………..the smaller members of my house were also not in the mood to face the day – I could tell this from the number of times I had to ask them to emerge from under their duvets to get ready……..
I am assuming that we are getting rid of all the cold, foggy, damp weather now to make way for a fabulous summer……what do you think?
Today is Pancake Day also known as Shrove Tuesday. Shrove Tuesday is the last day before lent, which is traditionally a period of abstinence.
So traditionally today is the last chance to indulge yourself, and tomorrow you will not be able to have the foods that are not allowed in Lent.
Although times have changed many people decide to give up a luxury for lent such as wine or chocolate.
I was actually thinking of giving up bread for lent, something that I love – which will mean I will have to do so for the whole period of lent which takes you right up to Easter Sunday. However before then, we will definitely be making pancakes tonight – with Golden Syrup being the topping of choice!
In Newark we are really spoilt with Mamma Whites Pancake Parlour (you can follow them on Facebook), they are open until 7pm tonight celebrating Shrove Tuesday – this morning they posted the picture below – would you be able to resist the ‘Full English Pancake’…………….
After just moving house in September we have finally got to doing our bedroom. It is a gorgeously bright room and we wanted to make it look relaxing and chic without spending too much money. We have accidentally (my husband asked my daughter to choose the colours whilst they were out together on a shopping trip together) fallen into a grey & purple theme and I love it.
I decided to create a mood board to get the last little bits and I love the combo – so I thought I would share my inspiration with you!
It really is a lovely colour combination – will share the completed bedroom with you when we have done it all.
Although it was an earlier start this Saturday, it was a calming and tranquil start!
We set up the craft stall at the Christmas Tree festival, the church early in the morning was so calming and all the Christmas trees around you made it so Festive! Shame I had to go back to the shop!
It is nearly half way through the fifth Tree festival at St Mary Magdalene Church at Newark. However it is the first time for Rose&Peck to display a tree, and we have really enjoyed the experience, certainly made us feel very Christmassy! So far hundreds of adults and lots of children have visited have been inspired by looking at the 116 beautifully decorated trees. It is absolutely worth a visit.
Rose&Peck will have a craft stall there too this Saturday, showcasing some of Newark’s finest crafters!